Hey! You know I love sharing my thoughts on certain issues (not necessarily the happenings in the country). Just general issues pertaining to humans. So today, I have been thinking of the things anger does to me. Oh yes! I get angry. Mention anyone you know that does not get angry please. Okay so as I was saying, anger is definitely a part of human emotions but I think everyone handles anger differently. Some people break things when angry, while some would punch the wall, and some others just cry. I even heard you can channel your anger into something positive – like cooking, cleaning, jogging, etc.
Well, I have decided to make a list of things anger does to me and here they are:
- Anger deprives me of having a good sleep
- It puts me in a sad mood always
- It deprives me of any joyous feeling. How can I be happy when I am angry?
- It makes a million thoughts run through my mind at the same time, thereby giving my brain more work to do. End result? HEADACHE!
- It makes me lose focus which results to me making mistakes since I cannot think clearly
- If the anger is not resolved overtime, it could lead to hatred towards the person responsible for the anger
- Anger could lead to hostility towards others. That is why you hear the phrase “transfer of aggression”
- It can make you lose your peace of mind
- When angry, it is very difficult to prevent evil thoughts from flooding your mind. I guess this could be the reason why the Holy Book says “Be angry but sin not”. Because it is hard to not sin when angry.
After knowing all these things, I ask myself why would I want to stay angry for long? A part of the Holy Book advices us to not allow the sun go down on our anger. Meaning if you allow yourself stay angry for over a day, there is a tendency that it will result to the things I listed above.
How about you make a list of the things anger does to you and drop them in the comment box after reading. Let us all learn from one another.