Dear parents and guardians, now that some schools are on holidays while others are preparing to begin theirs, here are some things to keep your kids busy during the holidays:
- Spend some time with their grandparents
- Travel and visit new places
- Take piano lessons or allow them learn any musical instrument of their choice
- Take dance classes
- Learn a craft – beadmaking, fashion designing, hairdressing, catering, etc.
- Join a book club
- For entrepreneurs, your kids can follow you to your place of work and learn your business
- They can go for summer classes (I’m not a fan of this though because the kid has spent about 3 – 4 months of learning academic work at school already)
- Allow them play (video games, board games, word games, etc). They didn’t get much of these during the academic session.
- Let them assist you in house chores (both male and female can assist in the kitchen)
- Finally, let them have lots and lots of rest.
Well, there you go!
There are lots of things your kids can do during this period and I hope these few mentioned above will help you if you’re running short of holiday ideas for your kids.